For the pastry
Half a kilo of flour
A sachet of yeast
A small amount of olive oil
For the filling
Half a kilo of “tyrovolia” cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
Half a bunch of dill
A large onion
Small pieces of lard (pork fat), thinly sliced
Pieces of butter
1. Heat a small amount of oil and add the flour. Mix well and knead, add yeast and let it covered to rise.
2. Meanwhile prepare the filling. Grate the onion and add “tyrovolia” cheese.
3. Add the chopped dill and the beaten eggs.
4. Take the pastry and roll with a rolling pin into two chunks. Spread one in a greased baking sheet with its edges hanging out and add the filling.
5. Pour on top the chopped pieces of lard and pieces of butter.
6. Cover with the other chunk of the pastry and join until the edges shut. Bake in the oven (moderate heat) for half an hour.